I read through this thread already.  All examples are starting with RUNJVA
command through QSH though!  I tried an example (to redirect it) and the
result is that output from QSH itself is indeed written to a file on ifs.
I want to do this but starting from RPG, calling JAVA.  This isn't
described anywhere.

This is my procedure:
Call CL
  - sets 'classpath' environment variable
  - call RPG program using 'call' cmd
  - remove 'classpath' environment
The RPG program call's javamethod's using callp.

I found a way to redirect the output of QSH to an ifs-file (setting a
specific variable).  Then I changed the cl to test it:
Call CL
  - sets 'classpath' environment variable
  - sets 'QIBM...=FILE='mydir/myfile' variable
  - QSH CMD('ENV')
  - call RPG program using 'call' cmd
  - remove 'QIBM...=FILE='mydir/myfile' variable
  - remove 'classpath' environment

Result is that the output from the QSH-cmd is printed in 'myfile', the
output from the javamethod's are still shown on the 5250-screen.

"   I don't have problems, only challenges...  "

Patrick Goovaerts
WebMaster
Clipper Support nv
TEL : 0032 (0)3 5453991