override STDOUT to a file?

P.Goovaerts@Clipper.Be@midrange.com on 08/08/2002 10:59:56

Please respond to java400-l@midrange.com

Sent by:  java400-l-admin@midrange.com

To:   java400-l@midrange.com
cc:
Subject:  STDOUT to file

I have an RPG program which executes Java-code.  For debugging I use a
variable.  Depending on it's value, I print messages to STDOUT.

Problem:
When executing with print='yes', all messages are printed to console.  I
mean, while executing the program (interactively), every time a message is
printed to STDOUT the 'QSH' pop's up showing the message but desappearing
before anything can be read.

I tried to add following envvar first:
QIBM_QSH_CMD_OUTPUT=/home/C3DPAD/javaout.txt
and
QIBM_QSH_CMD_OUTPUT=/home/C3DPAD

but it doesn't help.

Any suggestions on how to do this?