Could it be that you need to set the timezone in the
SystemDefault.properties file.
See below from the Ignite400 news letter:

***Quick Hint
Getting your WebSphere Application Server timestamp correct

In the WebSphere environment, it is not just a case of the time on
the system, combined with the QUTCOFFSET system value that defines
how many hours you are different from GMT. You should also create a
file called SystemDefault.properties in '/QIBM/UserData/Java400'.

Then add the following value to it: 'user.timezone=EST'. EST is the
time zone for your location, do not include the quotes. A key point
here is that the zone you enter will depend on the JDK your WAS
version is using. For instance to the correct British Summer Time
setting under WAS 3.5 is Europe/London.

MORE...
http://www.ignite400.org/html/wastimezones.htm

-------------------------
 Bryan Dietz
3X Corporation
614-410-9205
Gary,

Thanks for the reply.  Here are the actual message headers

Field Name: $AdditionalHeaders
Data Type: Text
Data Length: 522 bytes
Seq Num: 2