Joel,

Here is a link to a previous post that should get you started:

http://archive.midrange.com/java400-l/200204/msg00200.html

I noticed that in the previous post I left out the following, which
has to be added to the web.xml file associated with your
application:

<resource-ref>

  <description>

     Resource reference to a factory for java.sql.Connection instances
that may
     be used for talking to a particular database that is configured in
the
     server.xml file.

   </description>

   <res-ref-name>jdbc/as400</res-ref-name>

   <res-auth>Container</res-auth>

</resource-ref>

If you do this in your application Tomcat will set up a connection
pool for you. This works fine with either the native or toolbox
driver.

David Morris

>>> jrc@masi-brac.com 06/11/02 12:46PM >>>
OK, so how do I do that on the 400?