> From: rlaing@gemko.com
>
> I guess I'll throw my 2 cents in on Domino.  I've found Domino to be very
> reliable and efficient when running a stable version along with the proper
> OS/400 ptfs.  The most stable versions of Domino have been 5.0.5, 5.0.8.01
> and 5.0.9a.  If you're running an earlier version I would suggest you
> upgrade.  There also is a Domino specific web site for OS/400 ptfs which I
> highly recommended you keep up to date on.
>
> Additionally with Domino, when most people install the product, they
> install with many tasks running which aren't needed in most environments.
> An example is the billing task, which tracks usage by users -- this is a
> very resource intensive process and probably is not needed in 99% of the
> Domino installs, but when installing the product it's easy to select that
> billing be loaded and started automatically.

Thanks for your input, Bob.  I'll be the first to admit that I don't know
much about Domino.  My brother is the Domino expert, and at one point he was
in charge of a network of thousands of Domino users.  He always said that if
it was configured correctly and used appropriately that Domino screamed.  I
guess I've seen several bad implementations, because it certainly didn't
scream where I was, but it's good to hear from people who have had success.

Joe