John,

Go to the Database drop down and select JDBC Driver. Next, go
to a directory on your PC and select JT400.jar. Hit the EyeBall at the

top of the screen and select the com.ibm.as400.access.AS400JDBCDriver.

Now you should be able to select that driver, your URL will look like:

jdbc:as400://hostname

You can get JT400 as part of the JTOpen download package. Just
go to www.ibm.com/eserver/iseries/java and select jtopen (that's how
I find it). Next go to downloads and get version 3.0.1.

David Morris

>>> Jon.Paris@Partner400.com 05/09/02 12:19PM >>>
I'm trying to use DbVisualizer and it wants to know where my JDBC
drivers
are.  It managed to find all of my VMs no problem but doesn't seem to
be
able to locate the JDBC stuff which I know is installed as I've used
them.

Anyone give me a pointer as to how to locate the little devils - I'm
clueless on this one.

Jon Paris
Partner400