Accessing the code that sucks up the current job's uid/pwd is slightly
different in v5r1.  You have two choices.  Use jt400.jar +
/qibm/proddata/java400/jt400ntv.jar.  Or, use
/qibm/proddata/os400/jt400/lib/jt400Native.jar.  For more information see
http://www-1.ibm.com/servers/eserver/iseries/toolbox/faq.htm#faqT

David Wall
Toolbox for Java
iSeries ODBC Driver for Linux

                      "Fenton, Tim"
                      <Tim_Fenton@hen.i        To:
"'java400-l@midrange.com'" <java400-l@midrange.com>
                      nvesco.com>              cc:
                      Sent by:                 Subject:  Security changes at
OS400 5.1
                      java400-l-admin@m
                      idrange.com

                      04/17/2002 10:31
                      AM
                      Please respond to
                      java400-l

We have just upgraded our development machine to OS 5.1 (a bit late I
know!)

Now some code that was working on previous release doesn't work. Relevant
code snippet follows:

                 /** if running locally on AS400 no sign on info required
                   * if running on PC the sign on prompt appears at point
of
connecting
                 */
        AS400 sys = new AS400();

        // only uses data queues
        sys.connectService(AS400.DATAQUEUE);

This now throws the following message:

 com.ibm.as400.access.AS400SecurityException: Password is not set.

When running the Java on the old OS400 there was no need to supply
password,
is this now mandatory at 5.1, or is there a security setting which will
allow AS400 object to created without password?

Any help greatly appreciated!

Incidentally, does anyone have a good way to supply user ids & passwords
for
Java to use without storing this in the code?

The information in this e-mail and any attachments
(the 'e-mail') is confidential and intended solely for
the addressee(s) named above.  This e-mail may be
subject to legal professional or other privilege or legal
rules.  The unauthorised use, disclosure or copying
of the e-mail is prohibited.  If you are not the intended
recipient, or a person responsible for delivering the
e-mail to the intended recipient you must not disclose,
copy, distribute or retain this e-mail or any part of it.
This e-mail does not, directly or indirectly, represent
financial advice.