All,

OS/400 - V4R5

We have a java program that executes the same sql statements multiple times
during it's life (22,000 times) through the same JDBC connection (Toolbox
JDBC driver). We are using prepared statements and we are closing all result
sets and statements.

When the program runs for a while we will see the following message in the
job log of the QZDASOINIT job that serves the connection.

Message ID . . . . . . :   PWS0083       Severity . . . . . . . :   30

 Message type . . . . . :   Information

 Date sent  . . . . . . :   04/16/02      Time sent  . . . . . . :
18:04:47

 Message . . . . :   Additional 16 megabytes of storage allocated for this
job.
 Cause . . . . . :   The data access server for this job has used 16
megabytes
   of storage and needs more storage to continue processing. Another 16

   megabytes of storage has been requested.

 Recovery  . . . :   If the data access server is using too much storage,

   determine if there is some storage that can be freed or if there is a

   different way to run the requested functions that will use less storage.

I have found references to different PTF's that "fix" this problem but we
already have all of them applied.

Are there other users that experiencing this problem?

Etienne