Some confusion in your note.

Are you using the Toolbox driver (jdbc:as400) or the native driver
(jdbc:db2)?  If you are using the native driver then you don't need
jt400.jar in your classpath.  The native driver comes with the iSeries JVM
already optimized so no further work is needed on your part.

If you are using the Toolbox driver then running crtjvapgm on the Toolbox
jar will help.  What release OS/400 are you running?  If v5r1 then use
/qibm/proddata/os400/jt400/lib/jt400Native.jar.  The jar has all the
classes you need and is already optimized.  If pre-v5r1 then you could  use
jt400Access.zip.  There is a good chance it is already optimized but check
to be sure.  If not optimized, go ahead and run crtjavpgm on jt400.jar.  It
will take a while but will give you a full set of optimized classes.

jt400ntv.jar is a small set of classes that improves behavior of some
toolbox functions when running on the iSeries.  From a JDBC point of view,
all jt400Ntv.jar adds is the ability to extract the uid and pwd of the
current job so the application does not have to supply it.

David Wall
Toolbox for Java
iSeries ODBC Driver for Linux

                      "Xu, Weining"
                      <Weining.Xu@AIG.c        To:
"'JAVA400-L@midrange.com'" <JAVA400-L@midrange.com>
                      om>                      cc:
                      Sent by:                 Subject:  jt400.jar and
performance
                      java400-l-admin@m
                      idrange.com

                      04/04/2002 11:04
                      AM
                      Please respond to
                      java400-l

I am trying to performance turning a batch java program run on AS/400 which
using JDBC native driver from AS/400 Toolbox for Java.  Based on IBM
Redbook
AS/400 Toolbox for Java, the performance can be significantly improved if
creating a java program for jt400.jar, or jt400Access.zip if only access
classes are used.

Is there a small version of jar file which contains only JDBC AS/400 native
driver?
What is /qibm/proddata/java400/jt400ntv.jar?

Also, when using crtjvapgm, there is a parameter ENBPFRCOL (enable
performance collection), if I set it as *FULL.  The performance data is
collected for procedure entry and exit. Where could I look these
performance
data?

Thanks.

Weining (Wayne) Xu
ALICO Information Systems & Technology
Wilmington, DE. USA
Phone: +302.594.2846  Fax: +302.594.2215
Email:   weining.xu@aig.com