Glenn Holmer wrote:
> We just upgraded to V5R1 and now find that a Java program that used
> to run now fails, apparently without even throwing an exception.
> I took it in the debugger to trace through it, but at a certain
> point, it just dumps me out with a CPF3532 "Job being serviced ended."
> The line it exits on is a CommandCall.run() with the argument
> "CALL PGM(LIBNAME/PGMNAME)".  The called program starts up FTP to
> read commands from a text member.  I changed this to SBMJOB... and
> it ran, but I need to wait for it to complete, because the next
> line fires off a QShell script that moves the FTP'd files to a
> backup area (which I obviously don't want to do before I have
> finished FTPing them!).
>
> Anybody have any ideas on how I can better deal with this?

Well, I used the old kludge of having the submitted job create an
empty file and the calling program wait for it to exist.  It works,
but I'm sure there is a more elegant solution.  (Are either CALL
or SBMJOB expected to just end a Java program and have control
passed to them?)

> P.S. I haven't used the debugger before and have some questions:
>
> 1) How do I search for text in the displayed source?  If I put the
> cursor on the debug prompt, type in some text, and hit F16, nothing
> happens.

Thanks for the reply, Bruce.  I now perceive that there are commands
you type in as text :)

> 2) How can I view stdout?  When the program starts running, I see
> its output, but once I hit a breakpoint, I hit F23 and get a blank
> screen.

Glenn Holmer                          gholmer@weycogroup.com
Programmer/Analyst                       phone: 414.908.1809
Weyco Group, Inc.                          fax: 414.908.1601