Jon,

It must be someone else who converted all of the class libraries if they
are posted somewhere. I did just generate the bulk of them to see if it
would work with the prototype generator from the iSeries-toolkit
(www.iseries-toolkit.org) and they look like they should work.

It took about a minute to generate them. It did build a HUGE prototype
member (10+ minutes to parse and counting in Code/400). Here is a
snippet from the output:

      * Class com.sun.javadoc.ClassDoc
      *

     DClassDoc_compareTo...
     D $int...
     D @Object...
     D                 PR            10I 0 EXTPROC(
     D                                       *JAVA:
     D                                       'com.sun.javadoc.ClassDoc':
     D                                       'compareTo')
     D                                 O   CLASS(
     D                                       *JAVA:
     D                                       'java.lang.Object')
     DClassDoc_compareTo...
     D $int...
     D @Object...
     D                 PR            10I 0 EXTPROC(
     D                                       *JAVA:
     D                                       'com.sun.javadoc.ClassDoc':
     D                                       'compareTo')
     D                                 O   CLASS(
     D                                       *JAVA:
     D                                       'java.lang.Object')
     DClassDoc_name...
     D $String...
     D                 PR              O   EXTPROC(
     D                                       *JAVA:
     D                                       'com.sun.javadoc.ClassDoc':
     D                                       'name')
     D                                     CLASS(
     D                                       *JAVA:
     D                                       'java.lang.String')
     DClassDoc_isInterface...
     D $boolean...
     D                 PR              N   EXTPROC(
     D                                       *JAVA:
     D                                       'com.sun.javadoc.ClassDoc':
     D                                       'isInterface')

I doubt all of the type conversions are correct, but the source is
included and it sure beats typing them in(if anyone does find bugs,
please post them to the project site or send me an email). You can
download those classes using annonymous CVS and a blank
password(:pserver:anonymous@cvs.iseries-toolkit.sourceforge.net:/
cvsroot/iseries-toolkit) or via the Web at:
http://cvs.sourceforge.net/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/iseries-toolkit/CVSROOT/src/java/

Here is a link to some documentation for those classes:
http://sourceforge.net/docman/display_doc.php?docid=9383&group_id=39365

>>> Jon.Paris@Partner400.com 03/19/02 20:33 PM >>>
 >> If you need newly written native procedures for performance reasons,
it
would be a better choice to use c modules, they are (more or less)
portable
as
source code.

Oh darn and we were agreeing on so much <grin>

I would no more use C developing a business app than I would use Java
for
writing an OS.  RPG is alive and well and has more than enough
horsepower
for business processing.  I suspect you have not kept up with RPG or you
wouldn't be saying things like:

 >>  The RPG programmer writing the JNI code has to deal with c in the
prototypes anyway.

Which is just plain not true.  As I said in an earlier post - all I need
do to allow Java to call an RPG method is to add the keyword
EXTPROC (*Java:'className':'methodName')
to the prototype of a regular piece of RPG code.  Compile it, add it to
service program and I'm done.  JNI - what JNI?  The compiler just did
all
that for me.  When it comes to RPG creating Java objects and using them,
the
story is a tiny bit more complex - I have to code the whole prototype
for
each Java method that I want to use.  Luckily David Morris (?) has
already
done this for most methods in the standard Java classes and I believe
has a
Java based tool which builds the protos for any custom classes.  Again
JNI -
what JNI - the compiler does the work!

Jon Paris
Partner400