Yes, because I prefer to run application from AS400.  Is this jar file
down load for free?  Could you let me know where to get it.

Thanks,
CL

"Eyers, Daniel" <daniel.eyers@honeywell.com>
Sent by: java400-l-admin@midrange.com
03/04/2002 10:47 AM
Please respond to java400-l

        To:     "'java400-l@midrange.com'" <java400-l@midrange.com>
        cc:
        Subject:        RE: Transfer Exell to AS400

I found a jar that contains a package that reads Excel natively (called
xlrd) out on the web.  The users copy the xls
file to the IFS (via a shared drive) and then we use a java application to
populate the DB/2 file.

Is that closer to what you need?

dan