Hey guy's,

Now that I can use a java class in RPG I want to set/retrieve fields
using the getters/setters accessors.  This is what I want :
1) Initialize the class
2) do some 'first things' (static method)
3) set some fieldvalues (static setter-method)
4) work with the values (static method's)
5) retrieve fieldvalues (static getter-method)

This is the result
1) I don't have to do this because I only use Static method's
2) this works
3) seems to be working (do not receive any error)
4) seems to be working, no error, but it seems that fields are still
empty?
The writeSmtpLine(String, String) works, data from parameters are
printed but the field with previously filled data (3) isn't.
5) program error
When I try to get the data from the field back in my RPG prog to check
the data, the program halts with an error that the method doesn't exist.
The method is a static method which has no inputparm and should return a
String.
The statement in error = eval FieldValue=getMsgBcObj()

Can someone tell me where my coding goes wrong pleaaaase?

Patrick Goovaerts
IT/Clipper Support nv

*****
RPGERROR:
                         Additional Message Information

 Message ID . . . . . . :   RNQ0301

 Date sent  . . . . . . :   24/02/02      Time sent  . . . . . . :
21:37:01

 Message . . . . :   Java exception received when calling Java method (C
G D
   F).

 Cause . . . . . :   RPG procedure SNDSMTP in program SNDSMTP/LSSYST
received
   Java exception "java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: getMessageBc" when
calling
   method "getMessageBc" with signature "()¢B" in class

   "mypath.SendSmtpMail".
 Recovery  . . . :   Contact the person responsible for program
maintenance to
   determine the cause of the problem.

 Possible choices for replying to message . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
:
   D -- Obtain RPG formatted dump.

   S -- Obtain system dump.

   G -- Continue processing at *GETIN.

More...
 Press Enter to continue.

 F1=Help   F3=Exit   F6=Print      F9=Display message details

 F10=Display messages in job log   F12=Cancel   F21=Select assistance
level

*******

*******
RPG Coding
     D  FieldValue     S            128    inz(*blank)
Field Value To Test
     D setMsgBcP1      S               O
CLASS(*JAVA:'java.lang.String')      Send msg Bc
     ‚* Prototype Procedure for accessors of field messageBc in
'SendSmtpMail' object
     ‚*     Setter
     ‚*                          Parm1 = Emailaddress
Blind-Copy-receiver(s)
     D setMsgBcObj     PR                  EXTPROC(*JAVA
     D                                     :'mypath.SendSmtpMail'
     D                                     :'setMessageBc')
     D                                     STATIC
     D charPmsgBc1                         LIKE(string)
     ‚*     Getter
     D getMsgBcObj     PR           128A
     D                                     EXTPROC(*JAVA
     D                                     :'mypath.SendSmtpMail'
     D                                     :'getMessageBc')
     D                                     STATIC
     C                   eval      setMsgBcP1 = newString('DATATEXT')
     C                   callp     setMsgBcObj(setMsgBcP1)
      *           Move Write Subject to message
     C                   eval      writeP1 = newString('Subject:')
     C                   eval      writeP2 = newString('Data for
subject')
     C                   callp     writeSmtpObj(writeP1:writeP2)

     C                   Eval      FieldValue = getMsgBcObj()

*****

*****
JAVA Coding

public static void setMessageBc(java.lang.String newMessageBc) {
        messageBc = newMessageBc;
public static java.lang.String getMessageBc() {
        return messageBc;
public static void writeSmtpLine(String smtpTextType, String smtpText)
{
        if (smtpTextType.equals("To:"))
        {
                smtpMessageToOK = true;
                msg.println(smtpTextType + " " + smtpText);
        }
        else
        {
                if (smtpTextType.equals("Subject:"))