I created a java-class to handle emailmessages which I want to call from
RPG.
The class is created in VAJAVA and works fine using this 'MAIN'-method for
testing.

Public static void main(String[] args) {
// Open message
openSmtpMessage("user");

// Create messageHeader
setMessageTo("emailadress");
setMessageSubject("subject");
writeSmtpLine("To:", getMessageTo());
writeSmtpLine("Subject:", getMessageSubject());

// Create messageText
writeSmtpLine("Text", "dataline1");
writeSmtpLine("Text", "dataline2");
writeSmtpLine("Text", "dataline3");

// Close message
closeSmtpMessage();

The class is added to package com.company.tools
It uses another helper class from this package too
All called methods are 'STATIC'

Now I need to change my RPG-prog to use this class from our RPG-apps.
I found some info which learned me that I needed to
'prototype' the methods I want to use, so I did as follows:

'*-------------------------------------------------------------------------
     '* JAVA
----

'*-------------------------------------------------------------------------
     D sndSmtpObj      PR              O
EXTPROC(*JAVA:'com.company.tools.+
     D                                     SendSmtpMail':*CONSTRUCTOR)
     D                                     CLASS(*JAVA:'com.company.tools.+
     D                                     SendSmtpMail')
     D                                     STATIC

     D openSmtpObj     PR              O
EXTPROC(*JAVA:'com.company.tools.+
     D                                     SendSmtpMail':'openSmtpMessage')
     D                                     CLASS(*JAVA:'com.company.tools.+
     D                                     SendSmtpMail')
     D                                     STATIC
     D openParm                       4A

     D closeSmtpObj    PR              O
EXTPROC(*JAVA:'com.company.tools.+
     D                                     SendSmtpMail':'closeSmtpMessage')
     D                                     CLASS(*JAVA:'com.company.tools.+
     D                                     SendSmtpMail')
     D                                     STATIC

     D writeSmtpObj    PR              O
EXTPROC(*JAVA:'com.company.tools.+
     D                                     SendSmtpMail':'writeSmtpLine')
     D                                     CLASS(*JAVA:'com.company.tools.+
     D                                     SendSmtpMail')
     D                                     STATIC
     D writeParmType                 10A
     D writeParmData                132A

     D setMsgToObj     PR              O
EXTPROC(*JAVA:'com.company.tools.+
     D                                     SendSmtpMail':'setMessageTo')
     D                                     CLASS(*JAVA:'com.company.tools.+
     D                                     SendSmtpMail')
     D                                     STATIC
     D setMsgToData                 132A

     D setMsgSubObj    PR              O
EXTPROC(*JAVA:'com.company.tools.+
SendSmtpMail':'setMessageSubject')
     D                                     CLASS(*JAVA:'com.company.tools.+
     D                                     SendSmtpMail')
     D                                     STATIC
     D setMsgSubData                132A

Finally I need to call these methods to create my emailmessage....

I found an example of 'EVAL       string1 = trimstring(string)'
But in my case I just want to execute the methods without returning
anything.

Please take a look at the prototyping and give me a lead to call the methods
>From within RPG...
Btw, I tried to add the routing to the package in the classpath as follows
'ADDENVVAR' with following routing :'.:/mylib/classes/'
I hope this is correct too...

So in short:
1) Is the 'prototyping' correct
2) How do I 'execute' methods
3) Is the 'CLASSPATH'-setting correct

Patrick Goovaerts
IT/Clipper Support nv

--
[ winmail.dat of type application/ms-tnef deleted ]