I have a Java program run on AS400 using native JDBC driver.  I have no
problems to insert, delete or update any tables in DB2 database on AS400,
but when Java program inserts data from DB2 table into a flat file on AS400
library(which is not journalized), the error message says the file is not
journalized, that makes sense.  But I can do the same insert SQL statement
from Operation Navigator's SQL Editor.  I thought that may be autoCommit
was
not set up as true, so I specifically set the autoCommit as true in
program.
It still failed.  In this case, I do not need the file be journalized in
order to rollback.

+++ Try ending your SQL insert statement "with N/C" (no committment
control)

Craig Jacobsen