Martin,
   Here is the pcml that I use for call QCDRCMDI.
Maybe you can compare the two and see if anything
jumps out at you.
****** PCML starts ******
<pcml version="1.0">

<!-- PCML source for calling QCDRCMDI (Retrieve
Command Information) -->
<!-- Known usage: AS400Facade -->

<struct name = "CMDI0100_Format">
 <data name="BytesReturned"    type="int"     length=
"4"  init="0000"/>
 <data name="BytesAvailable"   type="int"     length=
"4"  init="0000"/>
 <data name="CommandName"      type="char"
length="10"  init=" "/>
 <data name="CommandLibrary"   type="char"
length="10"  init=" "/>
 <data name="CommandCPP"       type="char"
length="10"  init=" "/>
 <data name="CommandCPPLib"    type="char"
length="10"  init=" "/>
 <data name="SourceFile"       type="char"
length="10"  init=" "/>
 <data name="SrcFLibrary"      type="char"
length="10"  init=" "/>
 <data name="SrcFMember"       type="char"
length="10"  init=" "/>
 <data name="CommandVCP"       type="char"
length="10"  init=" "/>
 <data name="CommandVCPLib"    type="char"
length="10"  init=" "/>
 <data name="CommandMode"      type="char"
length="10"  init=" "/>
 <data name="WhereAllowed"     type="char"
length="15"  init=" "/>
 <data name="AllowLimitedUser" type="char"    length=
"1"  init=" "/>
 <data name="MaxPositParm"     type="int"     length=
"4"  init="0"/>
 <data name="PromptMsgF"       type="char"
length="10"  init=" "/>
 <data name="PromptMsgFLib"    type="char"
length="10"  init=" "/>
 <data name="MsgF"             type="char"
length="10"  init=" "/>
 <data name="MsgFLibrary"      type="char"
length="10"  init=" "/>
 <data name="HelpPanelGrp"     type="char"
length="10"  init=" "/>
 <data name="HelpPanelGrpLib"  type="char"
length="10"  init=" "/>
 <data name="HelpID"           type="char"
length="10"  init=" "/>
 <data name="SearchIdx"        type="char"
length="10"  init=" "/>
 <data name="SearchIdxLib"     type="char"
length="10"  init=" "/>
 <data name="CurrentLibrary"   type="char"
length="10"  init=" "/>
 <data name="ProductLibrary"   type="char"
length="10"  init=" "/>
 <data name="ParseItYourSelf"  type="char"
length="112" init=" "/>
</struct>

<program name="QCDRCMDI_Format_CMDI0100"
path="/QSYS.LIB/QCDRCMDI.PGM">
 <data name="Receiver"          type="struct"
usage="output" struct="CMDI0100_Format"/>
 <data name="Receiver_Length"   type="int"    length=
"4"   usage="input"  init="0350"/>
 <data name="Format_Name"       type="char"   length=  "8"
usage="input"  init="CMDI0100"/>
 <data name="Command_Name"      type="char"   length= "20"
 usage="input"  init=" "/>
 <data name="Error_Code"        type="int"    length=  "4"
usage="input"  init="0"/>
</program>

</pcml>
****** PCML ends ********

--- "McCallion, Martin" <martin.mccallion@misys.com>
wrote:
> I'm just trying for the first time to call a system
> API (QTNADDCR) using
> PCML and a ProgramCallDocument object.  The PCML
> parses OK, but I get:

com.ibm.as400.access.ExtendedIllegalArgumentException: