From: java400-l-admin@midrange.com
[mailto:java400-l-admin@midrange.com]On Behalf Of Michael Knezevic
Sent: Thursday, January 17, 2002 11:20 AM
To: 'java400-lmidrangecom'
Subject: RE: database access - performance

this one is specific for the iSereis.
thanx for the advice.

-----Original Message-----
From:   Duane Kehoe [SMTP:dkehoe@weycogroup.com]
Sent:   Thursday, January 17, 2002 3:12 PM
To:     java400-l@midrange.com

Record Level access is much better from a performance standpoint but not
from a portability standpoint.  Recordlevel access is designed specifically
to make java programs work very well with the iSeries where as jdbc is
designed to make java work generally with any database at a
performance/speed cost.

Duane Kehoe                      phone:  414.908.1814
Programmer / Analyst             fax:  414.908.1601
Weyco Group, Inc.                email:  dkehoe@weycogroup.com