Van: java400-l-admin@midrange.com [mailto:java400-l-admin@midrange.com]
Namens Jim Mason
Verzonden: dinsdag 15 januari 2002 20:50
Aan: java400-l@midrange.com
Onderwerp: RE: WebFacing performance considerations update

Hi.

There are a bunch of items to check for normal
performance on iSeries for Java and regular
application workload BUT the primary impact on initial webfacing
response times is usually class loading. Once classes ARE loaded, we've
had reasonably good web response times ( on the order of 2 seconds ) for
screens.

There are tools in WebSphere for performance tracing
as well as the IBM Distributed Debug tool as well as
JDK 1.3 support for standard JPDA.

In addition, check the webfacing server jobs and the
invoked 5250 job for performance and resource
bottlenecks.  I had one customer that tried to put
webfacing apps on a production AS/400 also running a
full domino server AND only left 166 mb pool for
WebSphere Advanced to run in !!!  Yes, response time
was terrible .....

Jim Mason