Thanks Larry, makes sense.

But (or course...) I've been doing some tesing on my
Database Connection Manager.

I run a program that creates three connections.  I use
methods to return the number of connections, free
connetions, and clients in use by the DBCM.  If I use this
during the running of the program, things work great and the
data returned is correct (ie it tells me I have 3
connections in use, and 0 in use after I reclaim those 3
connections).

Now, I put an endless loop in this application before the
three connections are reclaimed.  Just so that the three
connections will stay there.

Now I run another application to see if I can get the
instance data from the class created by the currently
running application.  It ends up creating another instance
of the Database Connection Manager instead of using the
already existing one.

Am I missing something here?  This DB Con Mgr class is set
up as a Singleton class, meaning that (I thought) if a
instance already existed, a new one was not created, and the
current existing instance was returned to the application.
So this 2nd application should return that I have 3
connections in use, or so I thought.

This doesn't seem to be the case in this scenario.  But it
is what I expected since both applications are running in
the same JVM.

Sorry if this is off topic or doesn't make sense.  I seem to
have my Java learning spurts from time to time.  Just let me
know (Joe) if this should be moved to Java101.

Brad