David,

Thanks for the clarification. I went to the JTOpen downloads page and
missed that the save file I downloaded was for the LPP and not JTOpen.

I just assumed that the downloads on the JTOpen downloads page all
pertained to JTOpen. I did figure that out when I went back to the
page.

The confusing part to me is that the LPP is available at all on the
page;
I can't think of any other LPP that I can obtain without going through
my
sales rep. I don't think that is bad, I wish all LPPs were available
online.
I am guessing that the LPP is available online so that a V4R4 or V4R5
shop can get the latest toolbox without going through the pain of
ordering
it.

Thanks,

David Morris

>>> dawall@us.ibm.com 01/07/02 07:43AM >>>

Please clarify what you mean by "install JTOpen".  JTOpen is simply a
jar
file you copy to a directory on the machine running the java program.
You
add the jar in your classpath, then run the Java program.  When on the
iSeries you should put JTOpen's jt400.jar in an application directory,
not
/QIBM/... .   It does not come packaged in a save file.  The Toolbox
download site down has a save file but that is the licensed program
version
of Toolbox files, not JTOpen.  You can have both JTOpen and the
licensed
program on the same AS/400 at the same time.  You use CLASSPATH to
include
one set of classes or the other.

David Wall
AS/400 Toolbox for Java

                      "David Morris"
                      <David.Morris@plu        To:
<java400-l@midrange.com>
                      mcreek.com>              cc:
                      Sent by:                 Subject:  JTOpen
installation
                      java400-l-admin@m
                      idrange.com

                      01/04/2002 04:11
                      PM
                      Please respond to
                      java400-l

Group,

Is it necessary to first delete the base product 5722jc1 or 5769jc1
when installing JTOpen? I installed 2.05 on a new V5R1 (RSTLICPGM)
system today and was surprosed to see that the date on jt400.jar after
the installation was 3/02/2001. It looks like the LPP to me. On our
V4R5
system, which does have JTOpen installed (2.03 I think), the date is
8/09/2001.

Thanks,

David Morris