From:   Joe Pluta [mailto:joepluta@PlutaBrothers.com]
Sent:   02 January 2002 15:07
To:     java400-l@midrange.com
Subject:        RE: Servlet Properties

> From: Price, Chris
>
> Thanks for your help. I haven't yet got as far as putting the code on the
> 400, so I'm just trying to get it to run in the WTE (hence no tabs!) This
> seems to use a naff folder for it's document root - VisualAge for
> Java/ide/tools/com-ibm-ivj-ui-webcontrolcenter. Is there any way to change
> this?

I'm not all that familiar with WTE, but from what I understand there's an
XML config file somewhere that allows you to play with some of this stuff.
The last I looked, it was pretty fragile, so you may want to leave this for
a last resort.  While a bit of a pain from a maintenance standpoint, what's
wrong with the folder you named?  (And what's "naff"?)  I just create a
shortcut to the directory and stick it on my desktop or in my C:\root; it
makes it a little easier to handle.

> I can get round my problem by using the file system root for now
> (\\mydir\my.properties instead of mydir\my.properties) This might cause
> problems when I distribute the software to the 400 thou...

It most definitely can.  See my post to Bruce.