Jim,

I used Eclipse a few months ago. It does have a debugger, but
unless I missed it, you cannot change code as it executes. I did
not care for the ENVY support because we use CVS, which is
much better supported in Eclipse. They do need to work on the
CVS and Ant support in Eclipse. Right now Eclipse is playing
catch up, but with IBM's resources Eclipse has a lot of potential.

This thread started with someone asking about deploying VAJ.
VAJ has a learning curve that I would not climb at this point. I
would get Eclipse, NetBeans, or something else.

David Morris

>>> JEMason@compuserve.com 12/17/01 07:40AM >>>
Hi.

Eclipse offers things vajava doesn't BUT it also misses much of what
was
good in vajava....
* no visual composition editor for automated generation of swing, awt
interfaces
* no ENVY version control for easier management of code than cvs

Eclipse DOES have replacements for some things
* new debug interface
* bundled WebSphere Advanced Edition, Developer Edition for websphere
testing

The version I have does have some minor bugs but that will change
rapidly...

Jim Mason

Message text written by INTERNET:java400-l@midrange.com

 I have been using Eclipse for a few weeks and I think it is much
better
than VAJ. But for now it does not have WTE and EJB support. We may have
get WSAD for those.   http://www.eclipse.org
Bruce<