From: KJ P [mailto:kjpou@hotmail.com]
Sent: 12 November 2001 13:23
To: java400-l@midrange.com
Subject: Re: New GUI for green on black...

Hello Chris

If you want control over the 5250 data stream there is a project on
sourceforge http://sourcforge.net/projects/os-ohio.  It is in java and does
not have an HTML interface but the html can be generated.

os-ohio is an Open Source implementation of the Open Host Interface Objects
for java from IBM.

You might want to give it a try but like I said it does create HTML but it
does fit the non expensive middle ware requirement.

As far as an in-expensive (Open Source) fat java client that can produce gui
screens you can try http://sourcforge.net/projects/tn5250j.  It has gotten
good response in the past couple of months for the gui parts.

Hope these help.

Regards

Kenneth