Solved!

I used the 'real' errorpage.  It seems one cannot use the page with
     '<%@ page isErrorPage="true" %>'
definition from a servlet?

I created a copy of this one and changed this directive to
     '<%@ page errorPage="/jsp/errorpage.jsp" %>'

Now it works.  However, can someone explain me
why this is?  In other words :
Why can't I use the 'error'-page from within a servlet?
A JSP is also a servlet and when an error occur's it
also sends the 'errorpage'...

                    "Art Smet"
                    <smet@us.ibm.com>         To:     java400-l@midrange.com
                    Sent by:                  cc:
                    java400-l-admin@mi        Subject:     Re: Errorhandling
after HttpSession time-out /
                    drange.com                JspWithNoErrorPageException

                    02/11/2001 15:57
                    Please respond to
                    java400-l

The 500 shows some kind of unexpected exception occured on the server side,
so you should take a look at stdout/stderr to see more evidence of what the
problem is, it may shed more light on what is wrong.  If you cant tell what
is wrong from stdout/stderr pls repost, I suggest showing the entire stack
dump you see rom stdout/stderr (if there is a stack dump) as well as the
entire stack dump you see at the browser.

                      P.Goovaerts@Clipp
                      er.Be                    To:
JAVA400-L@midrange.com
                      Sent by:                 cc:
                      java400-l-admin@m        Subject:  Errorhandling
after HttpSession time-out / JspWithNoErrorPageException
                      idrange.com

                      11/02/01 04:04 AM
                      Please respond to
                      java400-l

  I want to send 'errorpage.jsp' when an Http-session time-out occurs. I
  tried to capture this in my controlling-servlet but when time-out occurs,
  a standard error-text is shown with errorcode 500 etc...

  Why is my errorpage.jsp not comming up properly? The stderr.logfile shows
  the additional info I send, so I'm sure it's executed. The path is also
  correct.

  1) Here is how i do this
  if (session.isNew())
  {
  System.out.println("Previous session was Time-out");
  System.out.println(" Desplay errorscreen ");
  httppage = "/jsp/errorpage.jsp";
  getServletConfig().getServletContext
  ().getRequestDispatcher(httppage).forward(req, res);
  return;
  rest of processing

  2) This is a piece of the error i receive in webserver:
  com.sun.jsp.JspWithNoErrorPageException: Server caught unhandled
  exception from JSP ?errorpage.jsp!

  3) This is a piece of the errorpage I receive in the browser:
  Error 500
  An error has occured while processing request:
  http://www.clippersupport.be:2031/servlet/com.clipper.servlets.FQControll
  er
  Message: Server caught unhandled exception from servlet [invoker]: Server
  caught unhandled exception from servlet
  [com.clipper.servlets.FQController]: Server caught unhandled exception
  from servlet [jsp10]: Server caught unhandled exception from JSP
  [errorpage.jsp]

  Target Servlet: invoker
  StackTrace:
  -------