The Toolbox communicates with the 'host servers' on the target machine.
These servers are started with the "strhostsvr" command.  Please verify
these servers are started.  If you have CA/400 on a PC s you can run
"cwbping system" to see if your servers are started.  Toolbox has a JPing
utility that can also be used to verify the status of the servers.

David Wall
AS/400 Toolbox for Java

                    marv.edmondson@mho
                    .com                     To:     java400-l@midrange.com
                    Sent by:                 cc:
                    java400-l-admin@mi       Subject:     Re: Need help with
JDBC on AS400
                    drange.com

                    11/01/2001 11:58
                    AM
                    Please respond to
                    java400-l

> Thanks Dave for the quick reply. Yes I can ping the 400 and yes the HTTP
server is up an running.

java400-l@midrange.com
>                     Sent by:                 cc:
>                     java400-l-admin@mi       Subject:     Need help with
JDBC
on AS400
>                     drange.com
>

>                     11/01/2001 10:40
>                     AM
>                     Please respond to
>                     java400-l
>

> > We just loaded V4R5 and the new Websphere. Now my connection (JDBC)
> doesn't
> work! Any ideas as to why ????????
> properities are:......................
>
> url=jdbc:as400://MYSYSTEM
>
> driver=com.ibm.as400.access.AS400JDBCDriver
>
> CODE snips:...............................
>
>  con = null;
>       // Load the driver to allow connection to the database
>       try {
>          // Declare the connection information.
>            getProps();
>
>          // This will register the driver with DriverManager.
>          Class.forName(dbProp.getProperty("driver"));
>
>          con = DriverManager.getConnection(
>     dbProp.getProperty("url"),
>     dbProp.getProperty("user") ,
>     dbProp.getProperty("password"));
>       }
>       catch ( ClassNotFoundException cnfex ) {
>          System.err.println(
>             "Failed to load JDBC/ODBC driver." );
>          cnfex.printStackTrace();
>          System.exit( 1 );  // terminate program
>
>       }
>       catch ( SQLException sqlex ) {
>          System.err.println( "Unable to connect" );
>          sqlex.printStackTrace();
> ERROR:............................................
> starting application C:\RPGJAVA\TableDisplay.class
> Command line: "C:\jdk1.3.1\bin\java.exe" -classpath
> C:\RPGJAVA;C:\jt400\lib\jt400.zip;C:\jdk1.3.1\servlet.jar TableDisplay
> The current directory is: C:\RPGJAVA
> Unable to connect
> java.sql.SQLException: The application requester cannot establish the
> connection.
>  at com.ibm.as400.access.JDError.throwSQLException(JDError.java:324)
>  at

com.ibm.as400.access.AS400JDBCConnection.open(AS400JDBCConnection.java:1074)

>  at

com.ibm.as400.access.AS400JDBCConnection.<init>(AS400JDBCConnection.java:248)

>  at
com.ibm.as400.access.AS400JDBCDriver.connect(AS400JDBCDriver.java:221)