Sure.
Repeatable read also means that you're going to be able to read the record
again and get the same values for the rows.
If its locked for update, you can't be allowed to read it or the data you
read may change (depending on whether the transaction that updated
changes the record again, or just does rollback or commit.

In every single ethnic, religious or racial group, there are a
very few truly evil people. For each of those people there
are many, many, many good people.
Assuming anything (evilness or capability for evil) about the
particular group is bigotry and idiocy. Don't do it.  -- Me

Fred A. Kulack  -  AS/400e  Java and Java DB2 access, Jdbc, JTA, etc...
IBM in Rochester, MN  (Phone: 507.253.5982   T/L 553-5982)
mailto:kulack@us.ibm.com   Personal: mailto:kulack@magnaspeed.net
AOL Instant Messenger: Home:FKulack  Work:FKulackWrk

P.Goovaerts@Clipper.Be@midrange.com on 10/12/2001 02:13:05 AM

Please respond to java400-l@midrange.com

Sent by:  java400-l-admin@midrange.com