Hi all.  I am relatively new to Java, so...please bear with me :)

I am trying to load an IFS file, but I am running into some errors.  I believe
that the errors are pretty basic, but I can's seem to correct them.  Here is
the code:

  public IFSFileTest() {

// Create the AS400 connection & file definitions

    AS400 as400 = new AS400("209.222.17.134", "GISB", "BSIG" );
    IFSFile file = new IFSFile(as400, "/GISB/OUTBOUND/GSBPDTAOUT");

// Read the IFS file and change it to a Java buffered reader object

    IFSFileInputStream fileIn =
        new IFSFileInputStream(as400, "/GISB/OUTBOUND/GSBPDTAOUT");
    InputStreamReader inReader = new InputStreamReader(fileIn);
    BufferedReader reader = new BufferedReader(inReader);

// Get the data from the file

  String data = reader.readLine();

  while (data != null) {
  System.out.println(data);
  data = reader.readLine();

    IFSFileTest iFSFileTest = new IFSFileTest();
    iFSFileTest.invokedStandalone = true;
  }

The errors I am receiving are that I must catch or declare exceptions for the
following lines:
    IFSFileInputStream fileIn =
        new IFSFileInputStream(as400, "/GISB/OUTBOUND/GSBPDTAOUT");
    String data = reader.readLine();
  data = reader.readLine();

I understand the Try/Catch blocks, but when I use a try/catch block, there is a
scooping issue with the object fileIn.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Mike