  • Subject: Urgent session problem on websphere!
  • From: ashaikhhafiz@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 31 Jul 2001 15:42:35 +0800

Hi All!
i have a problem. i get a different session id within a session even though
it has not timed out, when i retrieve the session object from the request
object. it happens only on certain machines. where as in most of the
machines it works fine.

boolean sessstat = false;
          session = req.getSession(false);

          System.out.println("session id in callQueryExecutive : " +
session.getId());
          if (session == null)
               sessstat = false;
          else
               sessstat = true;

//        System.out.println("User Session : " +
chubbapz.ui.UIUtils.sessionExist(req));
//        session = req.getSession();
          System.out.println("Session stat : " + sessstat);
          userObj = (PRISMUser)session.getValue("prismUser");

          if(userObj == null)
               System.out.println("UserObject in execute query : null");
          else
               System.out.println("UserObject in execute query : not null");

is the code i'm using.

can someone help me out on this. this happens on my boss notebook during demo
when he is accessing the
page from the webspher from a remote location. it also happens on my machine
when i run it from websphere
test environment. when my other colleagues run, it works fine. when i access
the same from the remote server it
works fine on my machine.

plz it's a do or die situation for me. someone plz help me on this.

Thnx & Regards
Azeem.