From: Dave Wall [mailto:dawall@us.ibm.com]
Sent: Thursday, July 12, 2001 2:26 PM
To: JAVA400-L@midrange.com
Subject: Re: Error message with JT400

Please say more about the exception.  I know of only one problem with
BatchUpdateException -- the class does not exist until Java 1.2.  The
Toolbox jdbc driver supports both JDK 1.1.x and 1.2 (and 1.3) in the same
jar file.  Java 1.2 introduced the new exception in a method signature so
to follow the interface the Toolbox has to throw it.  Some 1.1.x JVMs throw
classdefNotFound when loading Toolbox JDBC classes because the JVM thinks
there is a chance the Toolbox class may through it.  We won't, of course,
when running under 1.1.x, but a few JVMs complain anyway.

You can get a new copy of the Toolbox by taking the downloads link off
http://www.ibm.com/iseries/Toolbox.  If it is the classdef not found then
getting a new copy of the Toolbox won't help.  You need to adjust your JVM
so it loads classes only when they are needed.  Some JVMs call this
'verify' mode.  Make sure verify is off.

David Wall
AS/400 Toolbox for Java

                    "Eyers, Daniel"

                    <daniel.eyers@hone       To:
"'JAVA400-L@midrange.com'" <JAVA400-L@midrange.com>
                    ywell.com>               cc:

                    Sent by:                 Subject:     Error message with
JT400
                    owner-java400-l@mi

                    drange.com

                    07/12/2001 11:26

                    AM

                    Please respond to

                    JAVA400-L

I'm trying to connect to our AS/400 from a Solaris server.  The Solaris
server is in the corporate DMZ and we have changed the firewall rules to
handle the traffic (I enabled the ports the IBM docs sugested).

When I hit a JSP that makes the connection, it compiles ok, but when the
JSP
runs, it throws a java.sql.BatchUpdateException.

Also, my vesion of jt400.jar is more than a year old.

1) Anyone seen this before or knows what this error means?

2) Where can I pick up the latest version of jt400?

Thanks in advance

Dan Eyers
Webmaster, http://www.grimesaero.com