  • Subject: JOB Class in AS/400 Toobox for java with VAJ 3.5 ENT
  • From: "Annalur, Pavan" <Pavan.Annalur@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 10 Jul 2001 12:36:52 -0400

Is there any problem with the methods getUser(), getNumber()   for the Job
class in AS/400 toolbox version with VAJ 3.5, I am not able to get any value
returned from these methods where as I am able to obtain values from other
methods like getJobDescription() etc...

OS Version = 4.4

Program code :

as400 = new AS400("ourhost", userid, password);
        as400.connectService(AS400.RECORDACCESS);

        Job job = new Job(as400,"*","","");
        System.out.println(" No fo librarries in Sys Lib>> " +
job.getNumberOfLibrariesInSYSLIBL());
        System.out.println(" Job Description >> " +
job.getJobDescription());

        System.out.println(" Job Name    >> " + job.getName() );
        System.out.println(" Job Number  >> " + job.getNumber() );
        System.out.println(" Job User    >> " + job.getUser());

Output message>> as below:

No fo librarries in Sys Lib>> 4
 Job Description >> QSYS/QZBSJOBD
 Job Name        >> *
 Job Number  >>
 Job User        >>

However I knew that, this Connection service uses the job QZRCSRVS. In VAJ
debug mode, I could see the attributes the job number etc, however when
printed them , I am not able to get the values.

Is there any problem ?

Thanks in advance for help
Regards

Pavan