  • Subject: Prroblem Starting the HTTP Server on AS400
  • From: "Vineet Kakroo, Gurgaon" <vineetkr@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 21 Jun 2001 12:01:38 +0530

Title: Prroblem Starting the HTTP Server on AS400

Hi,

My company recently upgraded to OS/400 V4R5.

Since that time, the IBM HTTP server & Websphere Application Server were working fine. I even created a few servlets & was successful in running them.

Buy yesterday we had to shutdown the HTTP server. I stopped it by issuing the command ENDTCPSVR SERVER(*HTTP) HTTPSVR(*ALL). This stopped the *ADMIN & DEFAULT server instances on our system. There is another server instance but we do not use that.

After this when I tried to restart the HTTP server, only the *ADMIN server instance is starrting. The DEFAULT instance also starts but after some time it does an EOJ(End of Job) & stops. I tried to restart the HTTP server separately also. First I restarted the *ADMIN instance. Then I started the DEFAULT instance. But in both cases only the *ADMIN instance is running & the DEFAULT instance ends.

I used  STRTCPSVR SERVER(*HTTP) HTTPSVR(*ALL) ;
        STRTCPSVR SERVER(*HTTP) HTTPSVR(*ADMIN)
        STRTCPSVR SERVER(*HTTP) HTTPSVR(DEFAULT)
commands to try to start our HTTP server.

I also tried to restart the Default instance from the web using the :2001 port of the AS400, but the result was the same.

None of us had done any changes of settings.

Someone please help us starting the server again.

Thanks
Vineet