Hi Steve.

2 people can work on the same source WITH version control as well at the
same time!

There are 2 options depending on which VisualAge version you have.
If you have the Enterprise edition (which costs quite a bit more) you can
use the VisualAge server component to coordinate DYNAMIC multi developer
access to the same source repository at the same time.  This allows you to
"see" my code as it's changed and decide to use the latest editions or not
( if you are authorized as a member of this project).   Real projects
benefit from this tight integration of developer's work with fine grained
version control.   MANY development scenarios are well supported here....

The Professional edition of VisualAge also allows developers to work
together on a common code base with version control BUT NOT dynamically.
It's more of a traditional check-in, check-out scenario.

This is how I work with my clients as a consultant.  I export a version of
my project to an external .dat (repository ) file and email to the client.
They import it into their workspace to use it or change and can return the
changed project back to me...

It is actually the most sophisticated version control, multi user team
programming environment in the industry ( the Enterprise edition).  The
Professional version works well for many smaller projects .....

Jim Mason

Message text written by INTERNET:JAVA400-L@midrange.com

I have a quick question for anyone familiar with VisualAge for Java.  Until
now, I have always used a simple text editor with a compile option for my
Java editing.  I have tried several IDE's lately and like VisualAge.
However, I have a question...is it possible (without buying the enterprise
edition) to have two people work on the same set of source?  Hope this
isn't a silly question and I look forward to your answers!

Steve Raisor

<