  • Subject: Re: Catching Password Expiration on AS400 with tool box
  • From: "niranjan soni" <niranjan_soni@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 24 Apr 2001 06:21:50

Hi Dave

Thanks for ur input and infact yesterday i was trying the same thing, using
the Password Expiration Date. A came across a very strange when i used that.
For a particular profile on AS400 i set the Password Expiration Interval to
2 (in days). Then i run my Java Applcation to get the password expiration
date. As the method getPasswordExpirationDate() returns a Gregarion Calender
Object. Now i tried getting the Date object out of this calender object
using calender.getTime() function. Remembering that i run the code on Monday
which was April 23th, 2001 and Password Expiration Interval was set to 2
days. So i was expecting a date of 25th April, 2001....Intstead it gave me
25th May 2001 which was pretty strange.

Do u have any ideas?

Thanks
Niranjan