  • Subject: RE: AS/400 Web Application Servers
  • From: "Patrick L Archibald" <Patrick.Archibald@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 23 Apr 2001 14:12:18 -0400

David

I have the following statements in my HTTP configuration
that make it all happen:

Protection  HTC400-USERS  {
     Userid        %%CLIENT%%
     PasswdFile    %%SYSTEM%%
     AuthType      BASIC
     ServerID      HTC_Intranet
     GetMask       All
     PostMask      All
     }

Protect /intranet/*  HTC400-USERS
Protect /servlet/*  HTC400-USERS

When the user goes to http://hometelco.com:????/intranet/welcome.html
their browser prompts them for their AS/400 user profile (See
attached screen scrape).  After that I can get their user profile
in servlets via: String userProfile = request.getRemoteUser();

Thanx, PLA