  • Subject: AW: Which framework I should use ?
  • From: stefan.lorei@xxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2001 12:19:22 +0200

Hi Jo, thanks for your reply.

I know how to setup the Webserver to work with servlets and JSP.
But my question is:

Is it nessecery that everyone has to write servlets which do
- the Userlogin
- the User and Usergroup administration
   - Username, Password
   - which "links" are shown on left side (If you have a frame there)
   - which tables he/she is able to select/insert/update/delete
   - which Fields he/she is able to see/edit
- standard maintenance of tables (insert/read/write/delete) from a HTML-page
- ...

maybe you now better what kind of stuff is all needed.

I mean when I follow the discussions then I see that we have many
java-experts
which have done most this stuff better than I could do ever.

I realy love the AS400 an I would like to confince my boss to use the AS00
als well for the intranet.
But when I have to start from scratch I need maybe to long for an
application which has user-defined security and which will express my boss
(I have also to do my daily work on PC and RPG programming).

Is there a framework out there which could help me to do the job ?
Maybe we (the JAVA400-L-Members) could exchange our code to build our own
JAVA400-L@midrange.com-framework ?

Stefan.