  • Subject: Re: SQL error codes
  • From: "Richard Dettinger" <cujo@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2001 09:54:43 -0600

The thing you are missing is the end of the message... which is "not
found."

Here is the full message:
Message ID . . . . . . . . . :   SQL0204
Message file . . . . . . . . :   QSQLMSG
  Library  . . . . . . . . . :     QSYS
Message . . . . :   &1 in &2 type *&3 not found.
Cause . . . . . :   &1 in &2 type *&3 was not found. If this is an ALTER
TABLE
  statement and the type is *N, a constraint was not found. If this is not
an
  ALTER TABLE statement and the type is *N, a function, procedure, or
trigger
  was not found.
Recovery  . . . :   Change the name and try the request again.  If the
object
  is a node group, ensure that the DB2 Multisystem product is installed on
  your system and create a nodegroup with the CRTNODGRP CL command.

You can display them with the following CL command:
DSPMSGD RANGE(SQLxxxx) MSGF(QSQLMSG)

Regards,

Richard D. Dettinger
AS/400 Java Data Access Team

"Biologists have a special word for stability -- dead"

                Larry Wall
                Open Source Developers Journal
                Issue 1, Jan  2000

Glenn Holmer <gholmer@weycogroup.com>@midrange.com on 03/12/2001 07:57:57
AM

Please respond to JAVA400-L@midrange.com

Sent by:  owner-java400-l@midrange.com

cc:
Subject:  SQL error codes

How do I find the error message that goes along with an SQL error code?
I have a user reporting

> JAVA.SQL. SQLEXCEPTION: (SQLO204) SLMPWD in COMMONALC type * FILE

and I am unable to reproduce the error myself.