It is spelled length, not lenght...   length should be available for any
array.

Nick

"Maarten Vries, de" <m_devries74@hotmail.com>@midrange.com on 02/14/2001
07:04:03 AM

Please respond to JAVA400-L@midrange.com

Sent by:  owner-java400-l@midrange.com

To:   JAVA400-L@midrange.com
cc:

Subject:  ARRAY - Char

Is it possible to get the length of a Char Array:

Here is my code:
char[] letters = current.toCharArray();
     for (int count2 = 0; count2<letters.lenght; count2++)

and here is the error:
Wheel.java:33: Attempt to reference field lenght in a char[].
        for (int count2 = 0; count2<letters.lenght; count2++) {
                                           ^

It looks like you can only get the lenght of an INT but not from a CHAR.
Am I right about this or not?

Maarten

(See attached file: C.DTF)