  • Subject: Re: Stored Procedure Problem
  • From: "Al Heitkamp" <Al.Heitkamp@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 06 Feb 2001 16:06:54 -0600

Mike,

Correct me if I'm wrong, but you code appears to do the prepare, but does not
execute the call.

For example:

        cstmt.execute();

Alan A. Heitkamp
H.B. Fuller Company
(651) 236-4072
Al.Heitkamp@hbfuller.com

>>> Mike Perez <MPEREZ@tycoint.com> 02/06/01 03:16PM >>>

Need some help trying to figure out what's wrong with my prepareCall
statement.  It's supposed call a stored procedure on the AS/400, but it
doesn't run, and the worst part is, it doesn't produce an sql error. I've
tested and run it on the AS/400 (within an sql session) without any
problems.

Thanks in advance,
Mike Perez

Here's the stored procedure:

 CREATE PROCEDURE PRODLIB/RUNPNLBUILD(IN CO CHAR ( 2), IN DIV CHAR
 ( 3), IN MM CHAR ( 2), IN YR CHAR ( 4), IN CNTRY CHAR ( 3), IN CURR
 CHAR ( 1)) LANGUAGE CL DETERMINISTIC NO SQL EXTERNAL NAME
 PRODLIB/GLG010C PARAMETER STYLE GENERAL

Here's how I called it from the sql session:

 CALL RUNPNLBUILD ('11', '011', '12', '2000', 'USA', 'C')

Here's my java app:

package PNL;

import java.sql.*;
import java.util.*;

public class TestExtractPNLData {

        public static void getResultSet(String system, String
collectionName) {

                Connection con;
                CallableStatement cstmt;

                try{
                        // Load JDBC Driver

Class.forName("com.ibm.as400.access.AS400JDBCDriver");
                } catch(java.lang.ClassNotFoundException e) {
                        System.err.print("ClassNotFoundException: ");
                        System.err.println(e.getMessage());
                }

                try {
                        // Connect to database.  Will be prompted
                        con = DriverManager.getConnection("jdbc:as400://" +
system + "/" + collectionName);

                        cstmt = con.prepareCall("{call
runpnlbuild(?,?,?,?,?,?)}");
                        cstmt.setString(1, "11");