  • Subject: RE: Limitation of passing parameters into service program class.
  • From: "Dass, Naveen" <Naveen.Dass@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 2 Feb 2001 17:44:09 -0600

Dave,

         I am still confused. Should I write the intermediate program in a
ILE language and then use the program call?. I am trying to use a system
service program as shown below. I think you will have to throw some more
cents worth of your knowledge to make me understand :-)

******************
ServiceProgramCall sPGMCall = new ServiceProgramCall(myAs400);
         sPGMCall.setProgram("/QSYS.LIB/QRDARS.LIB/QRLRRAPI.SRVPGM",
parmlist);
        // Set the procedure to call in the service program.
                sPGMCall.setProcedureName("QrlrRetrieveReportKeyList");
                       // Set the format of returned value.  The program we
call returns
                        // an integer.

sPGMCall.setReturnValueFormat(ServiceProgramCall.RETURN_INTEGER);

          if (sPGMCall.run() != true)
 Naveen Dass