  • Subject: RE: WebSphere installed but no QEJB library on the 400
  • From: "Frances Stewart" <francess@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 26 Jan 2001 06:21:52 -0600

I seem to remember that I had V4R4 on my machine, but only WebSphere 2.0.
Then, when I applied the cumulative PTFs and the groups PTFs, at some point
WebSphere 3.0 magically appeared.  But I had the advanced edition, so maybe
that changed the rules a little bit.
The rules have not changed and there is no way this could have happened. No
cumulative PTF package or group PTF has ever contained any v3.x  version of
the product. Advanced and Standard editions v3.x both have the same rules
with respect to installing on the 400.

Frances Stewart
WebSphere Application Server for iSeries 400
External: (507) 253-2795
Tie-line: 8-553-2795
IBM Rochester

"Joe Pluta" <joepluta@plutabrothers.com>@midrange.com on 01/25/2001