  • Subject: RE: Instantiating an AS400 object
  • From: "Dave Wall" <dawall@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 10 Jan 2001 14:20:27 -0600

Try adding /qibm/proddata/java400/jt400ntv.jar to your classpath.

For more information check out our FAQ at
http://www.as400.ibm.com/toolbox/faq.htm, item "How do I use Toolbox with
OS/400 JVM 1.2 / JVM1.3 on OS/400 V4R5?"

David Wall
AS/400 Toolbox for Java

"Adams, Kevin" <Kevin.Adams@ps.net>@midrange.com on 01/10/2001 01:44:09 PM

Please respond to JAVA400-L@midrange.com

Sent by:  owner-java400-l@midrange.com

To:   "'JAVA400-L@midrange.com'" <JAVA400-L@midrange.com>
cc:

No problem.
We are currently running V4R5 of OS/400.
We are currently running V4R5 of the AS/400 Toolbox for Java.
We are currently running the V4R5 release of JDK 1.2.

Here is a direct quote from the AS/400 Toolbox for Java documentation for
the AS400 class

"If running from an AS/400 to another AS/400 or to itself, the system name,
user ID, and password do not need to be supplied. These values default to
the local system. For the system name, the key word localhost can be used
specify the local AS/400. For the user ID and password, *CURRENT can be
used."

I have a very simple program, which is called from the QSH command line.
Seems easy enough. All it does it connect to the RECORDACCESS service to
try
to retrieve a record from a keyed file.

-Kevin