  • Subject: Prototype Application
  • From: "Mike Krebs" <mkrebs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 7 Jan 2001 21:49:28 -0600

>  If you've got any suggestions as to what that should look like, please
>let me know.
>

>Joe Pluta
>Moderator in Moderation

Joe,

How about you build something we can pluck of the web site and drop on our
intranets? I'd like to suggest a telephone list. Simple, yet with multiple
pieces.

1. The list should include first, last, phone number, department(list),
location (list).
2. The list should be user maintainable (add, change and delete). Each
function should be secured independently.
3. The display of the list should have a user selectable view. Selections
would include selection of columns, order of columns, order of rows
(multiple selections allowed, i.e. first by last name then by number), and
how many entries across the page. The page should remember by user the last
view selection made. The page should have a Print option that would format
the entire list like a piece of paper.
4. There should be a find feature.
5. As an added bonus, the list should be able to handle personal entries
(entries with meaning only to the person looking at them).

Hmmm, sounds a little bit like the contact manager in Outlook. Maybe we
already have this. But, I still think it would be a good demonstration
project (simple to build) and something we could use to see the pieces
you've described.

Mike Krebs