  • Subject: Re: Call Level Interface error
  • From: kulack@xxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 25 Sep 2000 09:54:29 -0500

Trust me. There is a reason... 8-)
Whenever you get something like that, there are a couple of common
things that you need to look at before you can do any debugging.

1) See if you can get a call stack trace from the Java exception.

In Websphere: Sometimes if you enable websphere tracing, you'll
get a call stack trace of the exception in the output trace file.

Alternatively, if you're using the native JDBC driver
(com.ibm.db2.jdbc.app.DB2Driver),
you can enable internal Jdbc trace at an error level, and you
should get a JDBC trace of the call stack.
On the websphere command line for your app server, add these
properties:
-Djdbc.db2.trace=1 and -Djdbc.db2.trace.config=file:///jdbc.%j.txt

1 is error level trace, the levels can go up to 3, but 3 is very verbose
and
can give you trace files in the HUNDREDS of megabytes or even a
1G trace file. Stop your server after the error is recreated and
remove the trace properties.
If you like to see how things work internally, more verbose traces
give you things you can follow through.
Ensure that for the destination of the trace, you have 3 slashes.
i.e. 2 for the file://, and one for the path of the file /jdbc.%j.txt.
After getting your error, look at /jdbc.<full-jobname>.txt and
you should see a call stack in there somewhere.

2) Look in the joblog of the websphere application server.
There should be joblog messages about what the actual
error condition was.

Post back with more info.

"Do you believe that my being stronger or faster has anything
 to do with my muscles in this place?" ... "Free your mind."
Laurence Fishburne as Morpheus in 'The Matrix'.

Fred A. Kulack  -  AS/400e  Java and Java DB2 access, Jdbc, JTA, etc...
IBM in Rochester, MN  (Phone: 507.253.5982   T/L 553-5982)
mailto:kulack@us.ibm.com   Personal: mailto:kulack@bresnanlink.net
AOL Instant Messenger: Home:FKulack  Work:FKulackWrk

Madhavan <seawolf00@yahoo.com>@midrange.com on 09/22/2000 01:43:14 PM

Please respond to JAVA400-L@midrange.com

Sent by:  owner-java400-l@midrange.com