Sorry, guys... I missed this the first time....

I have written a Java application (my first) from VisualAge for Java.  It
extends another class that I wrote.  I FTPed the .java files to our AS400
and compiled them successfully.

BTW, they are part of a package called package (the names have been changed
to protect the innocent).  The class I want to run is class2; it is an
extention of class1. (I'm using a little polymorphism to share code)

When I try to run it in QSH, it can't find the class2 class, even though I
compiled it. :-(

I created a directory called package and put both classes in there but to no
avail.  I also changed my CLASSPATH in my .profile to point to both my
current directory (i.e. /home/myprofile) and the subdirectory package (i.e.
/home/myprofile/package) but still can't find the class.  I even did a
CRTJVAPGM (which finished ok) but I still can't make it happen...

What am I doing wrong???

dan