Hi folks,

Two questions for you today:

Question 1
I have several tutorials/books about programming in Java, yet none mention printing. Obviously a language as large as Java must support printing, so how do I go about it? Has anyone got a simple example that they would like to share? I am interested in printing on the AS/400 and also in a Windows NT environment. Ideally using the same class, so I'm really looking for a generic solution, but any examples, either AS/400 Tool Box related, or otherwise would be gratefully appreciated.

Question 2
How do people generally undertake prototyping with Java? From my limited experience it seems pretty impossible if you just use the JDK. What do you guys use? I don't have VisualAge although I am trying to get my hands on an evaluation copy. I work in the UK and it isn't that easy trying to buy a copy from a retail outlet, unlike the States were you can buy it from Amazon, etc. Are there any other tools that I should be aware of?

That's all for today...thanks again!

Regards

Martyn Oswin
3 Counties Consulting Ltd