  • Subject: Re: Running a Java application via an icon
  • From: "Al Heitkamp" <Al.Heitkamp@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 27 Jul 2000 07:40:54 -0500

I'm running NT 4.0 and the option "Close on Exit" does not exist on the
properties dialog for the shortcut.   Setting the "Run" drop down list to
"Minimized" on the shortcut tab is all you need to do.  The DOS window will
disappear from the task bar when the application ends.

Alan A. Heitkamp
H.B. Fuller Company
(651) 236-4072
Al.Heitkamp@hbfuller.com

>>> "Martyn Oswin" <MartynOswin@CompuServe.com> 07/26 4:42 AM >>>
Unfortunately (?) I'm running this application on Windows NT. I'm pretty new
to this OS and can't find the option you are speaking off. Does anybody know
how to do this under NT. Sorry to appear stupid, but then there is a good
reason for that ...!!!!!

Thanks again

Martyn