  • Subject: RE: Help: crtjvapgm running >7 hours ?!
  • From: dawall@xxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 13 Jul 2000 16:53:27 -0500

I was about to write "I don't know of any problems with crtjvapgm" when I
tried a dspjvapgm on a file currently being created.  The session doing the
display hung and I took a big performance hit on my machine (I was having
trouble starting another telnet session).  I will pass this along to the
JVM folks to see if they have run into any problems like this with
crtjvapgm.  I have created the program for jt400.jar it many times on
various releases of the AS/400.  Other than it taking a lot of cpu time, I
didn't notice any  problems until I did the display while the create was in
progress.  I think it deserves another try some Friday.  Submit it as a
batch job to the limit the amount of cpu it can take and don't do the
display until the create is done.  Let me know how it turns out.

David Wall
AS/400 Toolbox for Java

"Nielsen, Ravi" <Ravi@goddard.edu> on 07/12/2000 11:31:36 AM

Please respond to JAVA400-L@midrange.com