Glenn,
Did you update the HTTP server configuration that you are using with the
correct directives for 3.02 (they are different from 1.1 and cannot coexist
in the same HTTP server configuration as 1.1 or 2.0x)?  See the
documentation for whichever version you have installed (Advanced or
Standard) off the WebSphere for AS400 web site (
http://www.as400.ibm.com/products/websphere), under the
Administration->Setting up WebSpehre Application Server for details on how
to setup the HTTP server instance and how to support multiple HTTP server
instances if necessary.  Also note that if you are using an HTTP server
instance other than the default which listens on port 80, you will need to
update the Default Host virtual host (via the admin console, Topology view)
to specify your HTTP server port.  You do this by selecting the Default
Host and then selecting the Advanced tabbed page in the right-hand pane of
the admin console.  Add :port to each of the entries in the Host aliases
table.  Click Apply.  Once the modification has completed, stop and start
the Default Server (you may also want to stop and start your HTTP server
instance just this one time - you shouldn't need to do this for any
subsequent changes).

Frances Stewart

Glenn Holmer <gholmer@weycogroup.com> on 06/07/2000 12:34:11 PM

Please respond to JAVA400-L@midrange.com

cc:
Subject:  WebSphere

I just installed WebSphere 3.02 on one of our AS/400s that had 1.1
on it.  I had 1.1 up and running, but can't seem to get the sample
servlets to run right under 3.02.  What happens is that I get an empty
page back ("The document contained no data" from Netscape).

Can anybody suggest what to look at that I might have done wrong?
The Administrative Console, running under Win2K, shows that the default
server is running and lists "snoop", "snoop2", "hello", etc. in a list
of servlets.  The "servlet ping" command completes successfully as well.
WRKACTJOB SBS(QEJBSBS) shows three active jobs: QEJBMNTR (status EVTW),
QEJBADMIN (status JVAW), and DEFAULT_SE (status JVAW).  The machine is
running V4R4.