  • Subject: Re: Cpytostmf problem - update
  • From: dawall@xxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 2 Jun 2000 06:43:44 -0500

I hate these 'it works for me' cases.  For what it is worth I can get the
square brackets converted.  My command is
     CPYTOSTMF FROMMBR('/qsys.lib/daw.lib/dawsrc.file/javasrc.mbr')
          TOSTMF('/daw/javasrc.java') STMFCODPAG(819)
After the copy I go into qshell (and view the file from a PC) and the
square brackets are correctly converted.  I can
Javac and run the program from inside qshell.  For me this works both on a
v4r4 and v4r5 AS/400.  My profile
is set up with language USE, country US, ccsid 65535, default ccsid 37.  I
did have to re-map my emulator keyboard
to get the square brackets.  By default these keys were set to the broken
vertical bar and the not sign.

David Wall
AS/400 Toolbox for Java

Christian.J.Conroy@sb.com on 06/02/2000 10:52:14 AM