  • Subject: RE: Loading large resultset to a List
  • From: "AnanthaRamaiah, Gururaja (CTS)" <AGururaj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 1 Jun 2000 09:55:15 +0530

John,
        Even we are using such large lists. We use a Stored procedure
running on AS400 that returns the resultset.
We display 100 records per page in a new Javascript window. We are providing
Next, Previous and Page Number links on the displayed page. The user can
even search for a product or customer etc. For single selection lists we use
radio buttons and for multiple selections we use check boxes.
        Every time the user ask for a different page the Stored procedure
will be called which will return the whole resultset. We position the record
pointer to appropriate location and read 100 records from there. I think
this may be of some help to you.

Regards,
Gururaj